Sunday, November 18, 2007

Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society

My wife sent me the link for the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society about a year ago and while I looked at the page and bookmarked it, I didn't think any more about it. However, I recently saw an ad about a new movie, "Darjeeling Limited", which I suspect has little to do with the real railway but how often do you get movies with a train premise? The last I recall seeing was "The Polar Express"... Anyhow, I went to check the original link and there's just a placeholder now!

Let's make do with this Wikipedia link in the meantime. I didn't know it was a UNESCO World Heritage Site! :)

Darjeeling_Himalayan_Railway

2 comments:

Michael said...

Pity that the link is gone - have you tried going to archive.org to see if you can resurrect any of the data?

Mike said...

Never thought of that... I'll have to give it a try sometime!